This is a 12V 1A switch-mode voltage regulator. It is a high-efficiency replacement for popular three-terminal LM7812K linear regulators and it is pin-to-pin compatible with the common and now obsolete LM7812K linear regulators. The mechanical design allows the PSU6 to fit anywhere where an LM7812K was used. The bottom of the PCB is ground, just like the case of the LM7812K. The maximum continuous output current is 1A and at room temperature the PSU6 does not need a heatsink to maintain this current indefinitely. All the required capacitors are included on the module, no external capacitors are required and additional input capacitors do no harm. The output voltage guaranteed to be within +/-2% as the load varies The original LM7812K had a rather loosely specified output voltage and it could vary by as much as 600mV without load and at room temperature. The PSU6 LM7812K replacement design is accurate to withing 50mV. The module has thermal shutdown and current limit protection. The absolute maximum input voltage is 40V. The PSU6 can be mounted on existing heatsinks, even ones that use sockets under the heatsink. The hole diameters and pin diameter is exactly the same as the original package dimensions.
• Drop-in replacement of the obsolete LM7812K or equivalent linear voltage regulator.
• Guaranteed 1A output current.
• Identical input voltage range of 13.4V to 40V
• Suitable for use in Pinball machines and video game consoles
• High efficiency switching regulator design reduces power dissipation with superior voltage regulation compare to the LM7812K.
• Thermal shutdown and current limit protection
• Board dimensions are identical to the TO3 package of the LM323K.
• Heatsinks are optional.
• All components are mounted on one side of the PCB
• Highest component is the inductor at 4mm above the PCB.
• Available with or without pins and will be shipped WITH pins unless requested without pins.
• Gold plated pins and PCB to withstand harsh environments over the long term.
• Can drive inductive loads such as solenoids and DC motors.
• 500kHz Switching Frequency
• Made in the USA