This is a 12V 1A switch-mode voltage regulator. It is a high-efficiency replacement for popular three-terminal linear regulators. It is pin-to-pin compatible with the common LM7812 linear regulators. The maximum output is 1A of continuous current. It is a true drop in replacement for a TO-220 LM7812. All the required capacitors are included on the module, no external capacitors are required. No heatsink required, even at 1A continuous. The output voltage guaranteed to be within +/-2% tolerance. The module has thermal shutdown and current limit protection. Definitely no heatsink required. The board is small in size and breadboard friendly, making it an ideal solutions for breadboard prototyping.
• Drop-in replacement of 3-terminal LM7812 or equivalent linear voltage regulator.
• Guaranteed 1A output current
• Very wide input voltage range up to 14V to 36V
• Suitable for use in Automobiles
• High efficiency, greater than 70% for loads greater than 1mA, peak efficiency achieved of 90% at 300mA load current.
• Thermal shutdown and current limit protection
• Breadboard friendly
• Board dimensions are 0.51" x 0.75" or 12.9mm x 19mm excluding pins. With pins 1.09" or 27.75mm.
• Definitely no heatsink required.
• All components are mounted on one side of the PCB
• Highest component is the inductor at 5mm above the PCB, Next highest is the connector at 0.15" including the thickness of the PCB
• Available with straight or right angled pins or without pins.
• Weighs only 0.04 Ounce or 1.3g, ideal for RC model aircraft or quadcopters.
• Can drive inductive loads such as DC motors.
• 500kHz Switching Frequency
• Made in the USA
The photographs show an LM7805 next to the PSU module for a size comparison.